Favorite Bible Verses

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Beach







Over Christmas break we visited Washington Oaks Gardens state park with Amy and Tom and the kids. Going to any beach is another Home Again experience for me. The first vacation memory I have is of the Gulf Coast in Biloxi, Miss. I was about 6, I think. I loved the sand and the surf and I still do. I have been on beaches at the South China Sea, Pacific, Atlantic, and the Gulf. I hope to visit the Indian Ocean someday with Sara ahd her family. Every beach is different in type of sand, shells, vegetation, birds, and animals. Every beach is the same with the daily change of the tide, the eternal waves and the peace of God's creation.


Washington Oaks is my favorite beach for exploring. We were there at low tide. All the rugged rocks were exposed, leaving the landscape looking as if we were on Mars instead of the Florida Coast. The pools and shallow surf were filled with Sea Stars. I have never seen so many of these pretty little creatures. I hope you enjoy their beauty and the unique rock/shell formations that I photographed. If you are ever near St. Augustine, take time to visit Washington Oaks. You will love it.

1 comment:

  1. So. Much. Fun.

    Man, I'll miss beach days with the Jacobers.

    ReplyDelete