Being back home again has brought me back to BSF. I started Bible Study Fellowship in 1984 at the Evening Women's class on Olive. BSF moved with me to Champaign and Wauwatosa. In Lee's Summit I did a bible study at my church. When I came back home last year I realized I missed the presence of loving Christian women from a variety of backgrounds with whom to study God's word. So I'm back in BSF at the Kirkwood Day group. Another full circle experience.
This week my new house took one giant leap forward to being home when I hosted my BSF fellowship. In BSF we often joke that BSF stands for bring some food, and we did have food. But Tuesday I think it meant Beautiful Sisters in Faith. The 11 lovely women gathered here filled my home with love, laughter, and the gems of faith they are discovering in the study of Isaiah this year.
Every week we struggle through strange names, unfamiliar imagery, and descriptions of judgement. Interspersed in this are amazing examples of the Lord's faithfulness, of the Sovereignty of God, prophecies of the coming of Christ as a baby and as our King, of His love, His mercy, and His plan to reconcile us through Jesus. Every week God is faithful to reveal some passage that meets our needs exactly where we are. Sharing what we are learning and using was the best gift ever.
I still have errands to run and last minute projects, but after Tuesday I am ready for Christmas.
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.
Isaiah 9:6&7
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
Thanks for sharing all this, Claudia! Christmas blessings to you too. BSF is the greatest!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your group!
ReplyDelete