Favorite Bible Verses

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Treasures


Being back home again brings back memories of previous Christmases and never so many as when I bring out the decorations. We have collected treasured ornaments and decorations in each home, starting in Missouri, moving on to Illinois, up in Wisconsin, and over in Lee's Summit. Each house has had its own personality and all the same decorations seem to fit in a different spot and have a new look.

This year I have a whole new look with the same old decorations. The wreath on the front door in Lee's Summit is on the coffee table in Ballwin. The burgundy poinsettias we used to garland the stairs in Wisconsin are gracing the dining room. The pearl garland that has been on the tree in most homes is running through the wreath on the coffee table. My favorite decoration is the nativity set we bought at the outlet mall in Appleton. It has been displayed on hall tables, coffee table, and now is on a shelf in the built-in bookcase in our family room. The angels that traditionally danced on the mantles are now dancing around the baby Jesus, rejoicing in his birth. They just seemed to belong with the creche. Many of these angels were given to me by my daughters. I treasure them, but the constant treasure that centers every Christmas no matter where we live is Jesus. His love fills my heart and shines in my home in the same way every year, no matter what house or what state we live in. I hope He is your treasure also.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Mom! How about a few more pictures for those of us on the other side of the world?

    ReplyDelete